Instagram

Please visit my Instagram account jamesee22 to see ALL my cards as I don't always/very often post here, cheers.



Nov 22, 2013

Happy Holidays

Hi there, I don't normally find time to create a card just for fun but with my DD and grandkids away this past 10 days- (holidaying in Phuket) I have found myself  having more spare time to spend  in the craft room...

I just love the combination of Evergreen Bough and Iced Spruce Distress Inks..great Christmas Colours.
 My background was created using  Iced Spruce,Acrylic block and water, a technique I do quite often to make my own background paper. Evergreen Bough was used as my backing paper. 
I saw a similar tree on a card at my local new agency so wondered if I could create one..
When looking thru my stash of stamps I found I had no basic tree trunk stamp- I know I'm surprised too-- for  those of you who know my stamp collection., lol...So I made my own cutting a piece off  an acrylic stamp that had extra around it and cut it into a shape of a trunk and stamped with Black Versafine Ink. 
The little stamped circles used to form my tree came from a Neat and Tangled Stamp set called Party Dots... this stamp set is soooo well used., a Memory Box Die for my Star, Sequins and Gems and a little Copic Colouring along with a little strip of silver glitter paper finished it off... 
I am entering this card into a new Stamp Company I have just found  (love the stamps) and Challenge Blog called..

Thanks For Stopping By and Have Yourself a Great Day.xxx

5 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra, what a stunning card! I love the chilly colors you used and the very artsy tree you created. Great job making your own stamp, I'm very impressed. Thanks for joining our November Challenge at Stamplorations and good luck with the DT Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome card -- the water colored effect is fabulous! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so creative, love the background x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra, I love this artsy card -- from the background to the improvised tree trunk (genius!) and circles to create your tree! Love how you stamp! Thanks so much for joining us in the November Challenge over at STAMPlorations and for responding to our DT call! Good luck :o)

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really appreciate each and every one.Have a good day,xxx